Sunday, April 26, 2015

Best Exercise is Walking or Running


   You know some days you really need a lift.  The thing that gives a person a whole different look at the day is just stepping outdoors.  You breathe in the fresh air and start moving and the body limbers up.  Wow what a feeling of relief.   Exercise can be a real mental and physical stimulant.   It seems to clear the cobwebs from the mind and refresh the entire body.  Walking or running seems to take away the sluggishness.  The world takes on a different look and you tend just feel better.

   I take a 2 mile walk daily.  You know my health has improved, blood pressure down and I am more relaxed.  This is good for me and family too.  Also, it's great for meeting new friends and neighbors.

   I met a man last summer named Dan.  Dan told me when he first started out in March 2014 he was about 250 pounds. I met him in the latter part of August.  He was at that time around 190 pounds, just by daily walking, 7 days a week.   Since then, he told me he had reached a mark of over 2200 miles since starting.  He walks on the average 7-8 miles daily.  He said feels a lot better!

   Also, in my daily 2 mile walk I've noticed a woman running daily.  I have noticed her through the years just keeping up that steady pace.  I don't believe her heart rate is up much because she talks like she's relaxed.  I finally had a chance to speak with her and asked how long she's been running.  Patty is her name and she said 40 years...wow!!  Unbelievable at 62 years of age, she sure doesn't show it.

Here is a picture of  Dan and Patty.


   A big event is coming up in Fargo, North Dakota on May 7-9 2015.  People who either want to run or walk it can do so.  The event will be in the Fargodome where the Fargo Marathon will start and finish.  Registration can be done online at Fargomarathon site.  Try not too miss this fun event which will be packed with all sorts of entertainment and vendors for your liking.

   This blog is a addiction I've encountered which seems to grow more and more on me.  I write about mostly everyday type things.  I enjoy health, wealth, marketing, sports and good life subjects.  I know some of you probably would love to tackle a blog.  You know I am in my seventies and hope to do this till 100 God willing.  If your interested, I came across Yaro Starak, a seasoned blogger who has put together some remarkable steps for beginning bloggers.   This may be your answer.

   I'm Jim Redland, my IBO profile tells more about me.

   I want to thank you for stopping by and wish you health and happiness!


1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the old guy that said, "I plan to live forever, so far so good".

    ReplyDelete